Guidance for Advertising Jobs
Recruiting the right people with the right values and skills is essential for your business or service. Devon County Council, working in partnership with Plymouth City Council, Torbay Council and the NHS in Devon (as part of the Wider Devon STP), can support you by promoting your vacancies free of charge through our online Recruitment Portal. Jobseekers through www.proudtocaredevon.org.uk and www.proudtocaresw.org.uk (Go Live – mid July 2017) are directed to vacancies on www.dct.org.uk.
What is the Recruitment Portal?
The Recruitment Portal is a self-service online system which allows organisations to advertise adult social care and some health vacancies in Devon. To access the Recruitment Portal please visit www.dct.org.uk and click on ‘Jobs’.
Current Eligibility for advertising jobs on the Recruitment Portal in wider Devon
- Private, voluntary and independent organisations employing staff working in adult social care in wider Devon, which includes Plymouth and Torbay. Work settings include adult social care workers in community-based personal care, care homes, mental health, learning disability and supported living. Typical roles include care worker roles, management roles, enabling roles and support roles.
- Public sector organisations employing staff in adult social care in wider Devon. Typical roles include social care reablement, social care assessors, occupational therapists and social workers.
- NHS Band 1-4 jobs including those in mental health, in the community and apprenticeships in wider Devon.
- Volunteer vacancies in health and adult social care in wider Devon.
The remit of the Recruitment Portal is under constant review, as it expands and develops. There are some roles we cannot support you to advertise at this stage, as the Proud to Care campaign does not yet cover the remit:
- Vacancies solely for supporting under 18s e.g. teachers, tutors and escorts.
How do I submit a vacancy and what should I include?
To advertise a vacancy you need to register (which is free). You can then login to the Recruitment Portal as often as you wish to advertise your vacancies. You will need to complete the online vacancy form with as much detail as possible, and complete all mandatory fields. You are able to upload job descriptions, person specifications, your logo and link to your organisation’s website. You must agree to the Acceptable Use Policy for your vacancy to be approved.
Please note that there is currently no option to choose Plymouth or Torbay as a location; you will need to choose one of the locations listed (e.g. West Devon, South Devon or just Devon), then state the location in the job title (e.g. Plymouth, Plympton, Torbay, Paignton). For volunteer vacancies, please state ‘Volunteer’ in the job title, as there is not yet a separate job term for volunteers).
For further information about submitting vacancies please see our User Guide. When you submit your vacancy it will come to the DCT team for approval. Once approved, your vacancy will be live on the website. If your vacancy is not approved, we will send you an email to explain why.
Maximum number of vacancies
We request that organisations advertise no more than 6 separate vacancies at any one time to ensure that www.dct.org.uk is not dominated by one provider.